Two months ago, I visited a Jewish Cemetery in need of our loving care.
One month ago, I visited a beach in need of our attention.
Three days ago, I visited apartments needing paint.
Two days ago, I reviewed the draft artwork for our billboard painting project
Yesterday, I reserved four shuttle buses to bring you to your service projects and
back to the Green and I reserved a pizza truck for our lunch time celebration!
So,the table is set, with more projects on the way, including a food making station for the homeless. Please join us for an Interfaith Service Day, Thursday August 8th, 8:00 A.M. on the New Haven Green.
A concept drawing by Muralist Russell Rainbolt of the artwork we will paint together for posting on I-95. The mural shows Abraham and Sarah, the theological parents of all Muslims, Jews, and Christians, feeding the hungry.
During your short bus ride from the Green to your service project, you will meet some wonderful Jewish, Christian, and Muslim youth studying peace. (Jerusalem Peacebuilders.) They have traveled from around the world to meet. share, and learn one another’s faith traditions, our common ministry of healing. This is a sacred calling of all faith traditions. Please don’t miss out.
Our service day projects include:
- A beach walk and clean up with Save the Sound. (Very family friendly;
- Habitat for Humanity house construction. (limited to 9 all day volunteers;
- Sandwich making for the homeless in our area;
- Painting low income apartments for those most in need;
- Peace Mural painting on the green for posting on I-95. (Very family friendly);
- Other projects under development.
For full details visit IWagePeace.Org and then:
- Let me know you are coming so I have enough pizza and buses.
- Mark your calendar: August 8, 8 a.m.-2 on the New Haven Green.
- Recruit friends, family and children,
- Print This Flyer and share it everywhere!
- Announce this event every week at your services.
- Call me with questions, ideas, or suggestions. 203-710-5675 or by email to Bruce@IWagePeace.Org
In future emails, I’ll be sending you the billboard mural artwork as it develops. I may send you an original hip/hop tune with lyrics referencing our event. (Just a little fun from the musical side of me.)
Remember to mark your calendars, let me know you are coming, recruit friends, family, and neighbors, and come to Interfaith Service Day.
Thank you for Waging Peace,
Bruce A. Barrett