Reem Elazazy said her dad went to Egypt to visit relatives and is now trapped inside his family home as people die in the streets—killed by American-made weapons.
Elazazy (pictured), who’s 19, was part of a panel of people who condemned that violence and called for an end to U.S. military aid to Egypt. She spoke at a press conference at the Long Wharf headquarters of the New Haven Register on Friday afternoon.
Speakers responded to the unfolding crisis in Egypt, where hundreds have died in clashes between security forces and supporters of ousted President Mohamed Morsi. The violence began as a crackdown by the military government that removed Morsi from office last month.
For more on this story, visit: Activists Call For End To Military Aid To Egypt | New Haven Independent.
The Connecticut Council on American-Islamic Relations Friday condemned the bloody massacre of pro-democracy protesters in Egypt and called for the Obama administration to cut off aid to Egypt’s military regime.
During a press conference Friday at the New Haven Register, CAIR-CT Executive Director Mongi Dhaouadi said President Barack Obama should end the flow of American taxpayer dollars to Egypt’s military, after more than 600 people were killed Wednesday in a clash between the interim government and supporters of deposed president Mohamed Morsi.
For more on this story, visit: Egyptian Americans and Muslim group condemn killings in Egypt (videos)- The New Haven Register – Serving New Haven, Connecticut.
Local Egyptian and Muslim Americans with other community leaders demand action in Egypt at the state capitol.
“The killing of hundreds, arresting of thousands, imposing the emergency law, banning newspaper and TV channels have created an outrage,” said Mohammad Elsamra, Director of Muslim American Societies
For more on this story, visit: WTNH – Local Muslims react to crisis in Egypt | WTNH.com Connecticut.
See also Stanley Heller’s interview with Mohamed Elsamra (TSVN): http://youtu.be/dLXSKJ9Um0A.